Monday, January 10, 2011

Fifth Avenue on Christmas Eve!

What a treat to have been able to walk down Fifth Avenue on Christmas Eve!  New York City is so alive at this time of year and the lights and windows of the retail shops were exceptionally beautiful. The hustle and bustle of all the people wrapped up in hats and scarves to keep the cold away only added to the Christmas warmth. The quiet awe that awaits you as you enter St. Patrick's Cathedral was heart felt by all who were blessed to be there. As I walked hand in hand with my Mom and my daughter, Jackie, (to keep from loosing them!) I looked at all the others who braved the cold just to have a chance to experience the excitement that seems to prevail in the city this time of year. Small children and older couples were eating hot pretzels and crunching on hot chestnuts. Gucci was a wall of green lights and as I looked up a huge star hung in the middle of the street!  The window in DeBeers and Van Cleef and Arpels were fantastic but Bergdorf's took the prize as usual. These photos don't do them justice....you will have to experience them for yourselves one year!



DeBeers and me

No comments: